Azure NetApp Files Review

Useful SnapMirror feature, good technical support , and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We are using Azure NetApps Files for our houses.com solution.

What is most valuable?

Since we have NetApp's internally, we use the SnapMirror predominantly for this process in the cloud which is beneficial.

What needs improvement?

We were looking for a clustered solution that has over-complicated things because we had it in AWS, which is Amazon. There was a solution for clustered NetApp. That meant there would be two NetApps that were not clustered because there was no solution for a cluster. We would like there to be an HA cluster solution.

I have been using version 9.9 of this solution for approximately one month.

The solution is stable and reliable.

We have not gone any further than what we are doing with the solution to see whether expansion comes in the future. We know NetApps reasonably well and scalability normally is not an issue. We are in the cloud, and I am not sure how this will translate scalability-wise.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We are currently on a pay-as-you-go model with the storage that we use.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to make sure this solution is right for what they are going to use it for.

I rate Azure NetApp Files a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure

9.9
More Azure NetApp Files reviews from users
Run your most demanding Linux and Windows file workloads in Azure

Running performance-intensive and latency-sensitive file workloads in the cloud can be hard. Use Azure NetApp Files to migrate and run complex, file-based applications and simplify storage management.

Learn what your peers think about Azure NetApp Files. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.