Azure NetApp Files Review

A flexible solution for dealing with unstructured data, integrates well with Active Directory

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for Azure NetApp Files is unstructured data.

We have this solution deployed both on Microsoft Azure and on-premises.

How has it helped my organization?

Azure NetApp Files gives our clients better options.

My clients have seen a performance increase in a range of between five and thirty percent.

The scale-up and scale-down capabilities of the solution have provided flexibility in both capacity and performance, as well as billing. It has streamlined our operations, making them more flexible and allowing for easier growth.

The dynamic resizing has given us better position, accuracy, and deployment, so in this perspective, it has saved time.

As a partner, we have multiple use cases on a daily basis. There is a lot of flexibility and lots of use cases that fit well with this solution.

With regard to the ease of use and reduction in management versus the cost, this solution is excellent. The time to market is quick.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its flexibility.

The speed of this solution is adequate.

The fully integrated Active Directory was exactly what I was looking for.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved with more innovation.

I have been selling NetApp for about fifteen years.

Stability has been good to this point.

Scalability has been good, so far.

The technical support for this solution has been good.

We are a Microsoft Premier Partner in Cloud, which made for a nice bridge because we were already partners with NetApp.

The initial setup of Azure NetApp Files varies. It can be anywhere from the basics to extreme complexity.

We are the solution integrator who implement this for our clients.

The licensing fees for this solution vary, ranging from a single shelf to a full suite.

We did not evaluate other options. NetApp is always on our short-list.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Azure NetApp Files.

This solution just fits our needs, and I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Azure NetApp Files reviews from users
Run your most demanding Linux and Windows file workloads in Azure

Running performance-intensive and latency-sensitive file workloads in the cloud can be hard. Use Azure NetApp Files to migrate and run complex, file-based applications and simplify storage management.

Learn what your peers think about Azure NetApp Files. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.