What is our primary use case?
- Easy to setup
- Extremely fast and reliable
- Nice REST support
- Cool integration with Azure portal
How has it helped my organization?
Increased the search feature in our application. Usually, that search functionality used to take around 10 secs to search data. That time has been reduced to a few milliseconds now.
What is most valuable?
Creates indexers to get data from different data sources. This provides tremendous help in migrating data. No need to write a job or anything. All this can be done easily using the Azure portal.
What needs improvement?
- Adding items to Azure Search using its .NET APIs sometimes throws exceptions.
- I have encountered few exceptions while adding items using a console application. I do not know the actual reason behind them.
- That console app used to insert data in Cosmos DB and the Search service. I did not face any issue with Cosmos DB though.
For how long have I used the solution?
Less than one year.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jan 23 2018