Azure Stack Review

A scalable, stable solution with a wide variety of use cases

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases for us in regards to this solution, including IoT, DevOps, storage, analytics, and many, many other scenarios.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for our periodic builds, and for our source control.

What is most valuable?

The IoT, DevOps, microservices, micro functions, and storage are all valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be more open to allowing access to other tools and environments.

Technical support also needs a lot of improvement.

I've been using the solution since 2012.

The solution is pretty stable.

The scalability of the solution is good. We have hundreds of users internally and thousands of users externally. We do plan to increase usage shortly.

Technical support is very poor. When we meet Microsoft in the coming weeks to discuss expansion, we'll be speaking to them directly about this.

Previously, we used AWS.

The initial setup was quite a long time ago, so I don't remember the details of the implementation.

We received some help with the implementation from Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I would advise others considering implementing the solution to ensure they understand the solution to a high degree, as they won't get much help from technical support if they have questions.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Azure Stack reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with AWS Outposts
Learn what your peers think about Azure Stack. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.