Azure Stack Review

It is stable and effective and large companies will definitely benefit from it

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Azure Stack is for a customer that's an ISP. They supply services to their clients where they offer the Azure Stack capability.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing of Azure Stack is the means of giving my customers or my clients the capability of using Microsoft products on a public or a private cloud, but not in the Microsoft public cloud. So it is an on-premise private cloud, but it's like being on the public cloud.

I like the ease of making use of Microsoft products, and instead of being directly connected to Microsoft using My Clients, keeping them the same kinds of values.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is always a hot topic, so the pricing can always improve. And I'm not too sure if the Microsoft technical capabilities are very good because I don't make use of it. So, for me personally, pricing would probably be the only factor that needs to improve.

I also think the monitoring tools needs some improvement.

The program is very stable.

I think the scalability is pretty good because from an IP point of view we can scale this solution to become very massive. You can start with the full node and go to 60 or 80 nodes very easily. So the scalability is very good.

The initial setup is very, very simple because it comes fully integrated from HP with Microsoft integration. That makes the setup very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommended this solution to others, especially for large companies, because I think it's a wonderful solution. It will also work great for people that has multiple companies inside the group. One should use Azure Stack as an on-premise private cloud solution because it is a very effective solution.

On a scale of one to ten, this solution earns a good eight. In the next version I would like to see an improvement in the monitoring tools.