Azure Stack Review

Easy to deploy services and has good online support

What is our primary use case?

We are using the Microsoft Azure Stack Development Kit (ASDK) in an evaluation environment issued by Microsoft, and not in a production environment. It is deployed within a VM on top of the Azure public cloud.

The goal of our evaluation is to see if it is sufficient to support becoming a cloud provider for companies in our local market.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of deployment for services such as SSH, creating a web site, and Azure billing services to measure the consumption of resources.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better support for containers.

Containers and the IoT hub that exists in Azure Stack should be usable on-premises.

I am currently evaluating Azure Stack and have been testing it for one week.

I cannot really tell what the stability is like because I am only using the Azure Stack in an evaluation environment. I have just now put it under a heavy workload to test whether it is stable enough for our production environment.

I am the only person who is using this solution in my company, as I test the features that I think we will need.

I have not used technical support for this solution. However, I have found with other Microsoft products, their support is very helpful and was able to solve my problems.

Azure Stack is the first solution of this type that I am testing.

The initial setup started in a straightforward manner, but I faced some issues during the deployment. I was able to solve these problems with the information that I found on the Microsoft website when I searched for the errors using Google. Once I followed the steps the solution seems to be fine.

I deployed this solution on my own, using the Microsft website as a reference.

I plan to test VMware vRealize, but I have not done it yet.

What other advice do I have?

I think that this is a good tool for cloud operating systems.

Microsoft Azure
More Azure Stack reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with AWS Outposts
Learn what your peers think about Azure Stack. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.