Azure Stack Review

Powerful OCR functionality on a stable platform

What is our primary use case?

I am using the Azure Stack for Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Basically, I use the OCR from Microsoft, which is the reason for using Azure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the OCR, which I use for reading PDFs.

What needs improvement?

The price of the OCR could be more competitive with Google.

I have been using the Azure stack for about four months.

I have had no issues with stability.

My rating for scalability would be an eight out of ten. I just have not used it long enough to rate it higher than that.

I have not yet needed to contact technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I did not need help with deployment and we have an in-house team for maintenance.

The price of using Azure Stack for OCR is more expensive than using OCR by Google.

I have tested many different OCRs, including one from Google Cloud, and this is one of the best that I have ever seen.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to start small. As you gain experience and confidence with the platform, you can expand to larger tasks.

Microsoft Azure
More Azure Stack reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with AWS Outposts
Learn what your peers think about Azure Stack. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.