The system runs easily on both GUI and console hypervisors
What is our primary use case?
- Backing up of Hyper-V hosts to an iSCSI device with data of about 6 TB
- Three hosts with about 12 virtual machines.
How has it helped my organization?
- We managed to have good backups which were easy to recover.
- Easy backup of MS Exchange and SQL databases.
What is most valuable?
- Exchange backup and SQL backup
- The system runs easily on both GUI and console hypervisors.
- Can back up to different media/shares.
- Backing up to hardware works great.
What needs improvement?
- Has a few problems working with snapshots
- Time-outs and failed backups
- Has problems connecting to iSCSI when doing a restore from within a new installation of Windows.
For how long have I used the solution?
Three to five years.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Feb 05 2019
More BackupAssist reviews from users