Balabit

BalaBit Shell Control Box Review
Flexible modes can be integrated into the customer infrastructure and it supports multiple security officers.

Valuable Features

Flexible modes are easily integrated into the customer infrastructure. It's easy to find needed information and the indexer does a good job.

Secure replays: Balabit SCB supports multiple security officers (something like senior and junior officer), who can encrypt upstream, and downstream flows, with different SSL certificates. For example, one officer can see replays, and another officer can only see replays by pressing on a key.

Improvements to My Organization

When I worked in a bank, it greatly facilitated the control admins and reduced the length of investigations.

Room for Improvement

With release 4f4a, I am pleased with the changes. The developers have spent a lot of time optimizing the interface for the convenience of users and it’s functional. Now, I think the best way to improve it will be to optimize the software, because the software begins to consume more resources (physical).

Use of Solution

I have been using Shell Control Box for more than two years.

By the new releases, I see that it uses some more resources, but this time it's not affected anything.

We have not had any scalability issues.

I rate technical support 5/5. They are quick and informative.

I tested many another products, but there was an issue about productivity, which was critical to our choice.

Initial setup was easy. There was step-by-step preinstalled software, which took two minutes.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I think it's individual by owner and product.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated CyberArk and Splunk.

Other Advice

Develop product functional and implementation methods.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We sell BalaBit products.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About BalaBit Shell Control Box?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,961 solutions.