Bamboo Review

Fairly stable, scalable, and does CI pipeline well, but requires a lot of integration and not easy to use and learn

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to push and pull containers and other data via CI/CD pipeline.

How has it helped my organization?

It didn't help me as such. It was just a part of the project.

What is most valuable?

It can do the CI pipeline well.

What needs improvement?

It should be much easier to use. It shouldn't require a lot of reading to be able to use it. It should have just two or three screens rather than hundreds of screens requiring a lot of clicking. It also requires a lot of integration.

It has a steep learning curve. It takes a lot of time to understand and put in the data. There is also no proper training.

I have been using this solution for three months.

It has a steep learning curve, but it is fairly stable.

Based on my understanding, it is scalable.

There is limited technical support.

Its initial setup is complex.

We have a separate team that takes care of it.

What other advice do I have?

I am not completely satisfied with this solution. It performs one function well, but it requires so much integration. I would advise others to use a better-integrated system rather than Bamboo. We'll be moving to XebiaLabs, now known as Digital.ai, for production and other environments. XebiaLabs is a bit better than Bamboo in some aspects.

I would rate Bamboo a six out of ten. It is okay to use, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Hybrid Cloud
More Bamboo reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Hudson CI
Find out what your peers are saying about Atlassian, Jenkins, JetBrains and others in Build Automation. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.