What is most valuable?
- Integration with Atlassian products like Jira,Crowd, and Stash
- Easy to setup
How has it helped my organization?
- With Bamboo's integration with Jira, we were able to update build status and test reports to Jira bugs/tasks.
- In Stash, we were able to improve the pull request review standards by being able to review the build and test reports.
- Integration with Artifactory, helped us in auto updated libs and artifacts.
- APIs were helpful for creating customizations.
What needs improvement?
- Ease of use.
- It needs "re-build/Trigger build" switch from Stash Pullrequest.
- More 3rd party plugins to support IDEs.
- Integration of older plugins with newer version of Bamboo.
- More options for deployment plans
- Configuring tools to agents (Had to do it manually). It would be nice have sharing from server.
- -Docker support
- Limited options with SSH plugins, can't use options to it
For how long have I used the solution?
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
No issues with deployment.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Yes, Regular server/agent being down.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Yes, It needs to allow multiple plans to run on a agent(at same time). Dedicating one whole agent isn't fair, I know we have to buy more agents, but in-terms buying and maintaining more infrastructure isn't scalable either. .
How are customer service and technical support?
Never used it. Had a decent responses from open forum. Technical Support
Never used it.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Yes. since we wanted to keep Atlassian suite all-around.
How was the initial setup?
Easy. Just like other Atlassian products.
What was our ROI?
We got the product for a cheap price, so its alright.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
We initially got 5 agents for around $2000 excluding infrastructure setup. Now we are using docker containers to maximize the mileage on them.
What other advice do I have?
If you are looking for good integration with Atlassian products and then this is the tool.