Bamboo Review

There are some stability issues with Java 6, but it offers build agents for Windows and Linux.

Valuable Features

• Multiple build agents for both Windows and Linux
  • Automatic branch building - same build plan for trunk and branches
  • Connections with other Atlassian tools - JIRA and FishEye/Crucible

Improvements to My Organization

We have many developer teams building in Java, especially our Continuous Integration team. Bamboo has proven its value for the teams.

Room for Improvement

There are no areas that need improvement.

Use of Solution

I've used it for seven years,

No issues encountered.

Once, with Java 6, there were some issues, but thanks to information from Atlassian support we changed to Java 7 and it works fine.

No issues encountered.

I'm satisfied, 8/10.

I'm satisfied, 8/10.

We used CruiseControl, and we switched because of better functionality in Bamboo.

It was straightforward, as the default agent and remote agents install out-of-the-box. Only some memory tuning was needed.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

It's hard to say, the yearly license/support/maintenance costs are low in relation to the added functionality.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I see no problem in paying for support, especially because licensing is remote agent based.

Other Solutions Considered

• CruiseControl
  • Hudson

Other Advice

It's dependent on how many build teams you have. For small development sites, Hudson or Jenkins will suffice, I think. Because we’re building our main applications in-house, we always choose supported and licensed tools.