Bamboo Review

There are some stability issues with Java 6, but it offers build agents for Windows and Linux.

What is most valuable?

• Multiple build agents for both Windows and Linux
  • Automatic branch building - same build plan for trunk and branches
  • Connections with other Atlassian tools - JIRA and FishEye/Crucible

How has it helped my organization?

We have many developer teams building in Java, especially our Continuous Integration team. Bamboo has proven its value for the teams.

What needs improvement?

There are no areas that need improvement.

I've used it for seven years,

No issues encountered.

Once, with Java 6, there were some issues, but thanks to information from Atlassian support we changed to Java 7 and it works fine.

No issues encountered.

I'm satisfied, 8/10.

I'm satisfied, 8/10.

We used CruiseControl, and we switched because of better functionality in Bamboo.

It was straightforward, as the default agent and remote agents install out-of-the-box. Only some memory tuning was needed.

We did it in-house.

It's hard to say, the yearly license/support/maintenance costs are low in relation to the added functionality.

I see no problem in paying for support, especially because licensing is remote agent based.

• CruiseControl
  • Hudson

What other advice do I have?

It's dependent on how many build teams you have. For small development sites, Hudson or Jenkins will suffice, I think. Because we’re building our main applications in-house, we always choose supported and licensed tools.

More Bamboo reviews from users