Barracuda Backup Review

Very stable, easy to install, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product to provide backup for OneDrive. We have on-premises and cloud deployments.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable, and I'm very happy with this solution.

What needs improvement?

Their technical support is not very good. You never know what they are doing and what is the issue. Customers need to know what is happening. This is our main concern and the only thing that can be improved in this solution. I would like to have more visibility about what is going on when something happens. I need to know what was done to solve the issue.

I have been using Barracuda Backup for five years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. We have one customer with something like 2,000 users, and then we have another customer with around 1,500 users.

That's the only aspect that is not good. Their technical support is not very good. You never know what they are doing.

It was very easy to install without any trouble. For deployment, you need only one person. The cloud-to-cloud installation was easy. It is Linux, so it took a bit more time to refine the policies and rules. The on-premises deployment takes something like half an hour to one hour. It also depends on the number of rules and users.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Barracuda Backup an eight out of ten.

More Barracuda Backup reviews from users
...who compared it with Veritas Backup Exec
Learn what your peers think about Barracuda Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.