Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Review

Ability to manage multiple firewalls across multiple entities is a key advantage

What is our primary use case?

Our company installs and maintains solutions, mainly firewalls, for clients. We are resellers and I'm a consulting engineer.

What is most valuable?

I like the use of the dashboard or the control panel to be able to manage multiple firewalls in either one entity or across multiples. The solution is fairly easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

I think the command line could be improved. In Cisco, Palo Alto and Juniper, the command line is a little more friendly. Everything I do is command line, I don't use a GUI interface. So you get used to using commands in the command line that have better command line tools.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The stability is great, I haven't had any issues.

Scalability is good - there are many different models and you can pretty much go from small shop to giant ISP.

I've used the technical support and they do a great job.

I'm using a variety of solutions so my comparison would be with Cisco which I've been using for 15 years. I like their control panel very much and prefer it to the Barracuda control panel when it comes to managing multiple devices.

Implementation is usually straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's worth getting somebody who knows the solution to install it. Each of the firewall solutions has its own little quirks, but there's not a big difference between all of the upper level solutions - Barracuda, Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco - they're all very similar and all do roughly the same thing. We generally recommend Barracuda to our clients.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

More Barracuda CloudGen Firewall reviews from users