Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Review
Single device, multiple functions - I don't need to buy a WAF, proxy server, or VPN device - all are built-in
How has it helped my organization?
Much quicker deployment, ease of troubleshooting and better cost compared to our previous solution.
What is most valuable?
- Ease of use and troubleshooting.
- Very easy to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Add-on features such as Virus Scanning, ATP, and web filtering - These features add another level of protection and block malware before it gets to the end user.
- Single device, multiple functions - I do not need to purchase a web application firewall, a proxy server, a VPN device and so many others because these are all built in to this one device.
- TINA (Transport Independent Network Architecture) VPN features - Allows automatic VPN configuration with little or no input from the tech. Drag and drop lines between Barracuda units and the VPN is automatically built.
What needs improvement?
Can be underpowered if you choose to use all available add-on features. Just be careful when sizing your unit. Make sure you take into account what features you will be turning on, and work with your sales rep to get the model that can handle that load.
For how long have I used the solution?
Three to five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
I would rate the technical support nine out of 10.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
This product was much easier to deploy, manage and troubleshoot than my previous solution.
How was the initial setup?
Straightforward, very intuitive.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Pricing is good. Licensing is pretty much automatic if using Control Center.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
I rate it a nine out of 10 due to its ease of installation, great technical support, very intuitive user interface, and numerous features.
Go through the training course.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
Find out what your peers are saying about Barracuda Networks, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Firewalls. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.