Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Review

If we didn't have the product, then we would be spammed constantly

What is our primary use case?

We are mostly using it for spam filtering. We have had great success with Barracuda Cloud, using it to block any spam before it even gets to our on-premise devices. I also had the same results occur at my previous place of employment, so I have had a lot of success with the product.

How has it helped my organization?

If we didn't have it, then we would be spammed constantly. It has cut down the amount of emails that get through to our end users.

What is most valuable?

• It is easy to use.
  • It actually works really well.
  • Barracuda is very prompt at blocking any new spam which comes out.

What needs improvement?

To start working with spam, it takes a while because the product has to see that multiple emails are coming in with all the spam. If it could reduce that amount of time, then we would reduce the amount of users who are receiving spam.

Three to five years.

It is very stable. We haven't had any issues with it on the cloud or even on-premise. On-premise, we have two of them that are set to high availability, and they have never gone down.

It is very scalable, especially with its cloud feature. It doesn't matter how many users I have on my end, and we are a shop of about 800 to 1000 users. So, it is working perfectly.

I have called in a few times to the tech support, and they have been on top of it. If I have a problem, they respond immediately to help. Whomever I speak with is very knowledgeable about the product. Therefore, I have not had any issues with the technical support.

The initial setup for on-premise was an easy setup.

I wasn't part of the evaluation process.

What other advice do I have?

Give Barracuda a try because it has been successful in my experience. The product is foolproof. It has done everything that we have needed with the amount of email that we receive, and it handles it quite well. So, I would give it a ten out of ten and  recommend it to anyone for use.

I have used the on-premise and Barracuda Cloud versions of the product. We are only now looking into AWS.

They are already pushing it out to the cloud and putting another layer in front of it before it even gets to me.