Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Review

An easy solution to implement, but lacks support for deploying containers

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to provide services with a firewall to our clients. We mostly deploy internet gateways in their data centers.

We do not have this product installed in our environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the ability to offer firewall support to our clients.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see a solution that is focused on container deployment, which is very important right now. Clients are looking at those kinds of deployment more often, so it has become a center of focus.

Three to five years.

This is a very stable solution. Once you have deployed it following the criteria, you almost never have to touch it.

The scalability depends on the deployment and it depends on the use case.

The installation is straightforward if you know what you are doing, but the vendor provides many resources for clients. It is up to the client and the provider to learn how to use the tool correctly.

The length of time for deployment depends on the use case and the client, but we have worked on deployments for between two and four months. That is the approximate timeframe.

In the Latin market, it tends to be a little expensive. However, it is our job to show the value of the solution so that the client can understand the return on investment.

In general, it tends to be cheaper than most solutions. I would say that it is cost effective.

What other advice do I have?

We suggest to our clients that training is the first thing they should do after deployment. This is because it is very important that they know how to operate and maintain the product. It allows them to be self-sufficient when it comes to maintenance.

If you have sufficient knowledge then you can deploy and maintain the solution with no issues.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.