Barracuda Email Security Gateway Review

Scalable with good stability and very good anti-spam features

What is most valuable?

The solution's anti-spam features are its most valuable aspect. It's quite effective. It stops a lot of junk from getting through.

What needs improvement?

The solution requires better API integration. It's really lacking right now. If there was API access that allowed us to integrate some of our own technology or features in there that would be ideal.

The deep scanning feature needs to be improved. It's not as effective as we need it to be. We need to understand a bit more about how it's scanning and blocking and how, if it's possible, to tweak the settings.

The solution has quite a few outdated videos. When you watch them and try to follow them for doing certain tasks, you quickly realize they are out of date. They need to update their video documentation for their user base.

I've been using the solution for over two years at this point. It's been a while, but not too long. It may actually even be up to three years now.

The solution is quite stable. We don't have any issues with that aspect of the product. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. It's good.

The scalability is quite good. If a company needs to scale it out, they can do so. It's not too hard to expand it. We haven't had any issues with scalability so far.

The technical support is great. Technical support is actually very good. We will send them an email and they will call us. Once, we had an issue that took a full six hours to solve. The support team actually helped us for the whole six hours. They didn't abandon us at all. It's a great service that they provide. We're quite satisfied with them.

We didn't really use any other solution previous to this product.

The initial setup is not overly complex. We found it pretty straightforward. It's not too hard to execute.

The deployment is pretty fast as well. It's a good process. We've done it a few times at this point.

The pricing is fine. It's somewhere in the middle if you look at the market. There are certainly other products with higher and lower price points. We don't find their pricing unreasonable, however. We're willing to pay for it.

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers of the product.

Overall, we've been pretty happy with the solution.

I'd rate it at a nine out of ten.

1.9.2
More Barracuda Email Security Gateway reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with InterScan [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Barracuda Email Security Gateway. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.