Barracuda Email Security Gateway Review

Responsive, flexible, easy to use, and cost-effective

What is most valuable?

It is a really good product with a lot of features. It is responsive, updated, and modern. It is easy to use and has an easy interface for non-IT users. Its dashboard is also quite fine.

It is also quite flexible and has an API at the backend.

What needs improvement?

Its integration with other solutions can be improved. There should be integration for telemetry information, system information, and other types of information with other solutions. Barracuda currently doesn't have that. Barracuda has its own platform. Its integration with firewalls is quite good, and it communicates really well with firewalls, but I have not seen any other integration. Based on what I know, it does have an API at the backend, but I have not used it.

We have been a distributor of this solution for about five years.

It is scalable. You can start with a VM or hardware. The hardware is not really scalable, but the VM is scalable. Most vendors are scalable in terms of VMs.

I have about 15 to 20 customers of this solution, and they seem happy.

They have a good support team. They are quite responsive and technical. They are also fast in responding.

It is really easy. I installed Email Security for 100 email clients two or three weeks ago, and it took me half an hour to do the base installation. The training for IT administrations took another one and a half or two hours.

It is easy to install for a non-admin. If you are a normal user trying to configure it, it is really easy to use. If you are an admin, it is a bit more complicated.

It is a cost-effective and relatively cheap solution as compared to others.

Our customers have a yearly subscription. We do have a few customers with monthly subscriptions, but they have cloud-based Email protection, which is a different type of solution. Both solutions are very good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Barracuda has one of the best email security solutions for SMB and big enterprises. Barracuda is not a leader for email security, but they are really good at what they are doing. In terms of email security, Barracuda is one of the best solutions. There are a hundred different products in the market, such as Fortinet and Forcepoint, but Barracuda is cost-effective and really good at what it does.

I would rate Barracuda Email Security Gateway a nine out of ten. It is a really good solution, and it does what it says.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Barracuda Email Security Gateway reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with InterScan [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Barracuda Email Security Gateway. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.