Barracuda Email Security Gateway Review

Good performance and the interface is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for email protection and security.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to use.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The technical support service is outsourced and the accents are difficult to understand, even for people like us from the same region.

The reporting can be improved.

The user interface needs to be more responsive. The performance of the actual device is pretty good but the interface lags sometimes.

We have been using the Barracuda Email Security Gateway for six or seven years.

Barracuda is robust and I would say it is pretty stable. We have run it continuously, every day, for the past six or seven years.

You cannot add to this device, so if you want to upgrade then you have to replace it. Each model has a bit of a margin and if you choose it properly then you will not have any problem.

Contacting technical support is pretty easy. Technically, support is decent. However, they are outsourced to India and their accent is not that great. Although we are from the same region, I still have problems understanding them.

We did not use another solution prior to this one, although we are in the process of acquiring a new solution from the same company.

The initial setup is pretty easy and not complex. It took a day or two to deploy.

We had a consultant for the implementation but there was nothing difficult about it.

What other advice do I have?

More Barracuda Email Security Gateway reviews from users