Barracuda SSL VPN Review

Can narrow down the session to one application on one server

What is our primary use case?

The use case is just for IT staff. When the front end stuff goes down, we have a secure solution through which we can come in through the back and fix the front end facing stuff.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be that you can actually narrow down your session to one application on one server, which is really nice.

It is a stable solution.

It is really easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

Since it's not going to be getting any more software updates as per the end of this year, we have to move off to a different product. They could recontinue the product so that we can keep using it.

I've been using Barracuda SSL VPN for over five years.

Stability wise, it's rock solid. The discontinuation has not affected the stability.

You can scale up or even scale down. It's pretty easy to set up based on groups and roles; it's quite nice. We have infrastructure administrators, security administrators, and VDI administrators who use this solution.

We used the Microsoft one until they made it too complex. So, it was just easier to buy an appliance, and Barracuda was the easiest one to install and set up. It was also way more granular.

The initial setup was really easy. Only one person is required to maintain the solution.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Barracuda SSL VPN a good solid eight.

Find out what your peers are saying about Barracuda Networks, SonicWall, Pulse Secure and others in SSL VPN. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.