Barracuda Web Application Firewall Review

It's easy to set up but they should improve their performance, support, and their upgrades

What needs improvement?

They could improve their performance, support, and their upgrades. Their updates used to be good. Their improvements were right on the money but nowadays, the updates are minor.

I don't really like the product. They restricted the number of servers we can protect. They restrict how many servers you can protect based on appliance.

They also don't support additional ATP. Customers also want ATP. They want something extra apart from the basic security package.

Their appliances are very cheap. The quality is not that good. Their appliances should be more robust.

I have been using this solution for a year.

The backend server capability is low. It's risky to put extra servers behind it because it may or may not protect it. The workload is not that high.

It has worked fine until now. We have some projects that are overloaded. In the next phase, I will remove some servers and add one or two servers from our project team.

I have not tested out the scalability.

The software is running 24/7.

I am not satisfied with the support. It used to be better.

You don't need help from Barracuda to help with the deployment. The deployment is easy. We deployed them all by ourselves. It took some research through the manuals and documentation to find the best way to deploy for your infrastructure. The research took two to three days and then it took another two to three days to install it. By 7-8 days we were ready to do a soft launch. We did the rest within a month.

We only needed one team member to deploy it. I worked alongside him so that I could also understand it.

There are costs in addition to the standard licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a five out of ten.

My advice would be to explore the market. There are many good players. If a solution is on the higher side, it could be a better investment.

More Barracuda Web Application Firewall reviews from users