Barracuda Web Filter Review
Gives us flexibility to customize the web filtering specific to various groups of users at the Active Directory level

Valuable Features:

We needed a simple, cost-effective Web-filtering product that invokes our Internet Usage Policy. The Active Directory (AD) Integration capability of Barracuda Web filter gave us the flexibility to customize the web filtering specific to various groups of users at the AD level. The ease of setup and centralized management served the purpose. Unlike other products like Websense, this has no per user fee but only an annual subscription fee which is much lower.

Room for Improvement:

We have been using the 310 model since 3 years and recently the appliance started hanging up and needs a reboot to fix. The support team suggested a replacement with an upgraded hardware and CPU owing to an increase in the number of concurrent users.The Web interface is slow and generating the reports takes some time.

Other Advice:

I would recommend this product to others as it has been serving its purpose in our environment and we never had any major issues with it.