BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Review

Good asset discovery and management capability

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our clients. It is used to manage privileged access for our customers and their server resources.

One of our customers had administrators that shared credentials to access some of their enterprise applications. We needed to remove those credentials because they were compromised at some point, leaving other people to access them and the organization was not able to keep track of who was logging in, or what they were doing at any particular point in time. Implementing this solution has allowed us to remove most of the credentials from those applications move them into a proper management facility.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the asset discovery, which makes it very easy to locate and identify assets and pull them into the manager.

What needs improvement?

The help system should be improved to provide a quick help guide with each tab within the solution, which explains what each particular function does. This would help because sometimes, you can get lost and you find yourself going back to see what the functions do. Have at least a very small hint for some of the key functions would go a long way to help with deploying and using the system.

Better pricing would help this solution to grow in the Nigerian market.

I have been using BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management for just less than three years.

This is a stable solution.

Our customers have been relying on what they have, and thus there has been no reason to scale.

We have been in touch with technical support and we are satisfied with them.

We offer a variety of competing solutions to our clients, such as CyberArk. In general, the competitors are cheaper in price. I have not personally used other solutions because it was BeyondTrust that brought me into the privileged access management realm.

The initial setup is a bit complex and not particularly straightforward. Deploying this solution for the first time took about a month.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

This solution is expensive compared to its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution that I would recommend, but in the Nigerian market, the price of this solution is challenging. Many companies are choosing competing solutions like CyberArk because the cost is lower. If the price were more friendly then it would have a better share of the market.

More BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management reviews from users