BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access Review

A easy-to-use solution for providing multi-platform remote support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide remote authentication for a support system that we are providing. We have a data center with many different products that are based on Windows, Linux, and hardware appliances.

How has it helped my organization?

There are many different ways to configure this solution in order to provide what we need. Depending on the kind of system that we're supporting, we can directly access the server, and application, or even a web page.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that this solution can be implemented regardless of the operating system. It can be used with Microsoft, Linux, Unix, and Cisco, and we can use the same product to access every different service.

This solution is simple to use.

What needs improvement?

Changing your password should be simplified, and there should not be a charge for it. For every server that we are supporting, we have an administrator password to log in. This is for remote access and remote support, and we do not like to give this password to the local support people. I would like to be able to assign a dedicated password that can be used only for one day. There are other products that can do this.

We have been using this solution for one year.

We built this system with redundancy and we have never had a crash or any other problem with it.

We deal with a person from the vendor to handle our maintenance, and we never have to contact technical support directly. We are very happy with the support.

This initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

It is not very easy to implement because there are so many types of servers. It depends on the knowledge of the person. However, if it is properly defined then it is very simple to use.

The length of time for deployment depends on the implementation. If everything is known then it can take one to two hours. In other cases, it can take a week or two.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.