BeyondTrust Remote Support Review

Great for delivering end-user support, good at recording sessions, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for connecting to our customer systems to remediate issues.

How has it helped my organization?

We deliver remote support for end-user clients. This tool is deployed in our end-user support division where we take care of the needs of computer users and we connect to their computers and we help them resolve their issues. We absolutely need a remote support tool. I don't have any metrics that say this improves our bottom line versus that one, however, we can't do this service without this tool.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is its ability to be able to record sessions.

What needs improvement?

Non-Windows support capabilities need improvement. They need to expand into Macs, iOS, and Android. It's there now, however, there's room for growth and that's probably the best area to expand.

I've been using the solution for ten years. It's been about a decade so far.

The solution has been very stable. We haven't had issues at all. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches either.

I don't have enough data on scalability. It's just anecdotal, however, it seems to expand horizontally and you can just add more licenses.

We have a concurrent license model and we have 15 licenses. The people who use it in our organization are all help desk folks.

We have plans to increase usage. As we grow, we add new licenses.

I don't know of any interaction with technical support. I've never reached out to them in the past.

We're also using Instant Housecall. We bought another company and they are the ones using the Instant Housecall. As part of the merging of these two organizations, we needed to pick one and stick with it.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward. I say "Get it done," and they get it done. It's very easy for me.

There wasn't really an implementation strategy that I know of. It was deployed before I began working with the company.

The help desk manager is in charge of maintence and they probably dedicate less than 10% of their time, maybe 5% of an FTE.

The initial setup was done in-house with our own team. We didn't need the assistance of resellers or consultants.

We have a service offering called Remote Support. We can't deliver it without this tool. The tool costs $10,000 and we make $100,000. It's a pretty good ROI.

The licensing is concurrent and we spend about $10,000. It's my understanding that there aren't any extra costs beyond just the straight licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We use a current version of the solution. We have a subscription model, and therefore we always buy the latest and greatest.

I'd advise anyone considering the solution to talk with experts both in their company and without.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight.

Private Cloud
More BeyondTrust Remote Support reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about BeyondTrust, TeamViewer, Microsoft and others in Remote Access. Updated: January 2021.
456,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.