BigFix Review

Enables us to handle data from other vendors with the scale for our servers.

What is most valuable?

For me, BigFix is my virtual operator, and the capabilities BigFix actually brings to our servers to do everything. I don't need a personal operator. I can reach out to our partners for the solution.

How has it helped my organization?

BigFix enables us to handle data from many vendors with the scale for our servers, improving our performance.

What needs improvement?

We are looking for better images for third-party operations like article databases, for example, other article application servers, and the SAP applications. We appreciate that BigFix can produce a better image for everything on a single product.

Also, the web console could be improved as we need to use it more than the desktop console.

I believe the solution is very stable and we have never had an outage of the solution. Communication with our agents is always well-synchronized. Stability is very nice.

It is scalable. We have, for example, 7000 servers communicating with only three or four structured servers on the BigFix environment and it responds very quickly for everything we do.

We usually use the technical support for some troubleshooting when we have a specific problem with agents because in an environment with 7000 servers, we have a certain rate of problems which are specific problems, not general problems. Every time, the support attends to us quickly and the success factor is high.

What other advice do I have?

See if the solution has good capabilities for them and if the solution can communicate well. Integration with many vendors is necessary.