BigFix Review

With Inventory Services, the speed is key.

What is most valuable?

For me, Inventory Services is heavily used in our environment. The patch management suite, I would say is the second, and very important for us to ensure that we are maintaining our PCI and SOX compliance for the company I work with. In addition to that, we have server automation that we use, security and compliance module, lifecycle management, and OSD. So all of those things are really important for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Clearly, with Inventory Services, the speed is really key. In retail, we need answers very, very quickly. Other competitor products (which we do have in house) just don't compare.

What needs improvement?

Web reports. The interface for web reports is still pretty basic, and really hasn't changed in the seven years that we've had the product, so that would be one thing that would be really nice.

I really don't know that there's really much more that can be added that's already not currently in the pipeline, or currently exists.

It's been stable. I've used the product for seven years and I haven't had an issue that has brought things down. So it's been very stable.

Scalability is also really great. We have a very small client base in comparison to what we could potentially do, so scalability is wonderful.

In the seven years, I think I've submitted maybe four to five problems. That's it. Response time has always been good.

When we're selecting a solution, we want a vendor that we can trust, that is on top of it, on point, and thorough.

What other advice do I have?

I would say I would give it a nine. Only because as I stated earlier, web reports, if that were to improve, I'd give it a ten. There's always room for improvement.

Really understand what your environment is like. Make sure that your network team is engaged with all of that.