BigFix Review

Software deployment in distributed environments, as it provides control over compliance and saves time

What is most valuable?

Vulnerability scanning and patch automation.

Also, software deployment in distributed environments, as it provides control over compliance and saves us a lot of time.

How has it helped my organization?

Before an internal IT team performed all these activities manually, which took time and did not guaranteed full control over compliance. These activities required access to a corporate network via LAN, because VPN often generated errors.

Now, the process is centrally controlled, reported, and has an independently formed location (also over Internet).

What needs improvement?

There is no support for patch management on SLES on IBM pSeries (only the Intel platform is supported). This should be improved as soon as possible. It is a stopper for us to roll-out BigFix to all datacenter servers (500+).

About three years for PCs and one year for servers.

No issues.

No issues.

There was a technology consultant available in Poland, who was very helpful, but recently he has left and no one has replaced him.

Yes, Itelligence Germany uses HP automation and we had a pilot implementation.

We have complex requirements.

We offer BigFix as a service for our datacenter hosting customers.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: IBM partner.