BigFix Review

Allowed us to proactively seek out issues as well as quickly react to issues and target only computers which needed fixes

What is most valuable?

Ability to run custom reports and custom relevance.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to proactively seek out issues as well as quickly react to issues and target only computers which needed fixes. It was very easy to streamline down to what was needed.

What needs improvement?

We need a much better multi-tenant option.

We had 60 plus divisions and there was no real way to effectively give those people the help at the division sufficient rights within the console to see just their responsibilities. We wanted Bob at one of our divisions to have console access and only be able to manage his computers. We were not able to find a way to effectively do this. They had a web console that did not really handle our needs.

My current company is a consulting firm. If they had a better way to have multi-tenant access, this could be a product that could potentially do great good for us. As it was, when I last used it, it would not work for us without setting up a new instance for every customer we manage. Not really effective for our needs.

I have used it for about four years.

Yes, occasionally we did.

Yes, we did find some “quirks” and had to get creative, but we were able to work within the solution to streamline transfer speeds to not saturate networks between sites when synchronizing enormous install packages to our relays scattered around the country. Also, we could not easily scale the management to multiple tenants as we hoped and as we were able to do with other products in the past.

I didn’t have to deal with them much. Others did. We frequently found that we were bringing solutions to them.

I did not do the initial setup.

This was not my responsibility.

I was not the decision-maker here.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product. Spend some time really learning about the capabilities and how things are organized within the product. Then, spend some time really planning your structure and how the organizational groups should play out. It will make things a lot easier down the road when you need to send something to just one area of your business. Unfortunately, it is usually after a product is implemented that we truly understand how to best implement for our environment.