BigFix Review

A one-stop tool that works fast, supports most of the applications, and has good security and stability

What is our primary use case?

We are using BigFix 10. We have been using this solution for app management and even for BP management. We use it for continuous improvement in terms of security and enhancements. We use it for AWS, Azure, Google, and other applications.

What is most valuable?

It supports most of the applications, software, and OS. We don't need to go around and look for many tools. Most of the applications are completely supported, and it is much better than Qualys and Tenable. It also works pretty fast.

It is pretty secure, and it gives extensive vulnerability features as compared to other applications. It supports multiple languages, and the security checks are pretty high as compared to other tools in the market.

It is a one-stop tool that allows you to do everything. It supports reporting, vulnerability management, patch management, and configuration. All things can be done in one tool.

It is a very user-friendly solution with a very good interface.

What needs improvement?

The reporting structure could be a little more simplistic. Currently, it throws too many vulnerabilities. Some of them are not needed because they are only informational and limitations, and they are not of much help. It doesn't need to show us these things.

Its pricing should be improved. It is too costly.

Its stability is very good. It is a standard tool, and it is also one of the leading tools in the market.

It supports most of the applications. It is pretty good in terms of scalability.

In our organization, we don't have more than 10 users. We use this tool on client-specific applications, and it is purchased by the client, and that's why we don't have many users in our organization.

We have plans to increase its usage, but it depends on the budget. If most of the application owners agree to the budget, we can probably use it extensively.

We get pretty good support on this. We can call them, and we also can connect with them through chat centers.

It was straightforward, but it took some time for us to settle down and get started. There were a lot of things to learn online. The deployment took about two to three months.

It is too costly. It is one of the best tools, but because of pricing, not all clients support it.

Its licensing is on a yearly basis.

It was directly purchased by the client, and that's why we didn't look for or evaluate a different product. It was also better than most of the tools.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution and advise everybody to use it in their organization.

I would rate BigFix a nine out of 10. I am super happy with it. It works well and surpasses what you expect.

More BigFix reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with SCCM
Learn what your peers think about BigFix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.