BigFix Review

Incredibly fast and accurate in patching, reporting, and remediation

What is our primary use case?

Primarily my clients use it for being able to not only patch but also to be able to detect and remediate vulnerabilities in their environment. In addition, to be able to provide an accurate inventory of both the hardware and software of what they currently have deployed.

How has it helped my organization?

Some of my clients have gone from it taking months to be able to get through a patch cycle or to discover what's out there, down to days. A lot of it's been over a 90% improvement.

What is most valuable?

BigFix is incredibly fast and accurate in patching, reporting, and remediation.

What needs improvement?

• More integration with external data
  • Extending the reporting capabilities
  • Integration with some of the service ticket providers

The solution is extremely stable and it communicates very well.

Their support is very good.

We had one of our clients with over 30,000 endpoints, and within two days all of those 30,000 endpoints were installed and reporting back, and they were ready to patch. Installation is fairly simple.

We always were able to get our client the best cost from the vendor, so pricing was not really an issue.

We also evaluated Microsoft. BigFix was more accurate in the reporting, the patching, and overall functionality.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it ten out of ten for reliability, dependability, and being able to get the job done the first time around.

Try it in a test run, you'll be really satisfied with the results.