BigFix Review

Our patch cycles are much faster, they usually happen within a few days or less

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for endpoint configuration management.

How has it helped my organization?

Our patch cycles are much faster. They usually all happen within a few days or less.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the patching.

It's much more flexible than SCCM. There are more things we can do and especially the cross-platform support is better.

What needs improvement?

It actually increased network traffic. Microsoft and Apple have incredibly large downloads, so when you're downloading to thousands of machines it's huge.

I would like to see more emphasis on using the web console, to have the same power as the full fat client console that they do they now. It's a lighter way to log in and it would be faster for our operators to do their work. The console tends to take a long time for a large number of clients.

It's stable. I've been running it for more than ten years and it's generally pretty good.

Scalability is very good. It's scaled to our current needs.

Their technical support is decent.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implement in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

I would advise a colleague considering this solution to definitely understand what your needs are and see if the product meets those needs. Don't try to shoehorn your needs into a tool.

1 visitor found this review helpful