BigFix Review

Helped us to identify the compliance of devices and has also improved the way that we manage our software inventory

What is our primary use case?

We use BigFix to manage Windows and Mac OS. We also use it for deploying patches and software across the company.

How has it helped my organization?

BigFix helped us to identify the compliance of devices and has also improved the way that we manage our software inventory for reporting to vendors.

It has helped to reduce network traffic when it comes to downloading patches. It helps a lot because we have the ability to customize the uses of the bandwidth in our company, and it helps us to reach every region no matter the size of the link that we have in the network. We use patch management for deploying Microsoft patches and compliance to deploy security policy across the environment.

Finally, it has helped to compress the patch cycles. It has helped us to reduce the time that we need to use for patch management by at least 50 percent.

What is most valuable?

The scalability and the ability to manage different operating systems are the two most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements in the web UI program and also a BigFix console for Mac OS.

Scalability is really great because we have the ability to scale the solution no matter how many endpoints we have. The last updates came with a lot of improvements regarding the scalability.

Their technical support needs some improvement. We have had some cases where we didn't get enough support from the support team but I think it's improving now.

We switched to BigFix because of the scalability and because it can be used across multiple platforms.

The implementation is really straightforward and it's easy to implement with the environment.

What other advice do I have?

SCCM is a complex solution that needs a lot of licenses which means a lot of money. It only supports Windows and BigFix can be deployed across Linux and Microsoft operating systems.

I would rate BigFix a nine out of ten. Not a ten because there are some improvements that can be done to the product and the support that we get from the vendor needs improvement.
BigFix can do almost anything. You should know how to use it based on your specific requirements, but it can do almost anything.