BigFix Review

Works well with endpoints, it does what it says it's supposed to do

What is our primary use case?

I primarily consult with other companies for their software asset management purposes. I use BigFix to help deploy the IBM license metric tool and BigFix inventory.

How has it helped my organization?

The older version of the tools that I use also included the connectivity aspect, and the fact that the tool now has it separate from the collection of usage data makes the deployment of these tools much easier.

What is most valuable?

The fact that it works with endpoints so well is the most valuable feature. A big part of the collection of IBM License Metric Tool data is from the endpoint so it really helps.

3 years

Even at a very large number of endpoints, it's very stable.

Their technical support is very good. The PMRs I have had to open with IBM are answered pretty well. I have nothing but praise for these people.

I self-taught for this online, so the initial setup was a little difficult to pick up at first. I had to create a couple of testing environments and destroy them in order to learn how to use it. There was a lot of trial and error, a lot of reading of the manuals.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten. I'd give it an eleven but it's off the scale. It does what it says it's supposed to do. Once you get over the learning curve, it is pretty easy to use. Plugging in the endpoints is pretty simple.

I would advise someone considering this solution to hands down use it.