BigFix Review

The stability is good overall and provides real-time insight of the endpoints

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for content automation and application delivery.

How has it helped my organization?

The use of fast query has been extremely valuable providing insight in real time of the endpoints.

What is most valuable?

Reliability of the agent and the ability to troubleshoot actions after they've been taken are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The self-service application seems to need some work to replace the client UI. There are a lot of pop-ups if you use a baseline as the object that you're setting to a workstation. Unless you're using web UI, the message is not customizable in the user notification.

The stability is good overall.

The scalability seems to be fine.

I have to contact technical support infrequently, which is good. When I have to use them, I do get responses in a relatively timely manner.

Our previous solution was extremely unstable. We had a lot of downtime and the inability to reach clients. We ended up choosing BigFix because it was already in an aspect of our organization, and so it was easy to adopt for our endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. The applications are stable, although at times a little dated on how they display information or how they chunk through information. It's stable and it functions.

The best advice I can give is to reach out to the user community when you're running into trouble. You'll find a lot of the answers have already been asked and answered for you on the forums.