BIME Analytics Review

The treemap allows you to visualize categories effectively and the added function of decomposing to further categories.

Valuable Features

The visualization types and appearance, especially the treemap visualization type. The treemap allows you to visualize categories effectively and the added function of decomposing to further categories, if there is a hierarchy has its benefits in user exploration. It is size and color coded, giving you a great visual indicator.

Improvements to My Organization

The ability to paint a picture in any shape or form the user wants which can empower decision-making. I will go on to say implementing business intelligence is like developing a common language between the technical and management side in an organization. With this collaboration, I feel the technical side is appreciated more and has the opportunity to showcase itself.

Room for Improvement

From my role, I would personally would like them to include R programming which would be a great support tool in dynamic statistical analysis and predictive modeling. Currently, I have to download the data-set for analysis and it is difficult to deliver outputs with BIME concurrently.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two to three months.

Due to my role, I am not part of the BI implementation team but from what I gather, issues are with connections to the data source and scheduling.

8.5/10 - They have a chat feature to answer questions while the user is working on the BIME platform. They respond in a timely manner. Documentation had some gaps which required some additional training and emails.

Before I joined the team, they were using Domo but switched to BIME to cost effectiveness I believe.

I am not part of the implementation team so I don't have more information on this.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We have just implemented BIME, we are currently developing the pricing models.

Other Advice

It's definitely the concept that I learned in school, the barriers to adopting technology such as willingness to change, cost and proof of value. Having a good vision and leader cannot be understated.