Birst Review

Cloud based reporting tool for small scale organizations. We do not have access to its servers and it is slow at times.

What is most valuable?

The fact that it is completely cloud based makes the maintenance easier since we don't have the onus of maintaining the server.

What needs improvement?

Since Birst is completely cloud based, we do not have access to its servers. It is very slow at times. We can do nothing about it and we can't even restart the servers.

We have used this solution for six months.

There were stability issues with Birst. A dashboard/report takes a lot of time to open if there is a lot of data. In a typical customer facing scenario, such things aren't acceptable. A customer does not want to wait for ten minutes for a single report to open.

The tech support was an OK experience. Birst depends primarily on their forum for their issues to be resolved.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

As far as other products are concerned, I used Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) before using Birst. I am back to using it.

What other advice do I have?

Birst is only good for small scale organizations which have to deal with less data.