Bitbucket Review

A fast initial setup that is scalable and stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing our own repository.

What is most valuable?

I don't have too much experience with Bitbucket; I use GitHub more often.

It's easy to switch back and forth between Bitbucket and GitHub.

What needs improvement?

The code review and creation of requests need improvement. In GitHub it's much easier and broader and that makes everything easier to see.

The solution is not user-friendly. Right now, the solution is not so easy to understand. It needs to update its design and overall user experience.

I've been using the solution for several months.

The solution is relatively stable. It's much more stable than GitHub.

The solution is fairly scalable. I'm not sure if scaling affects pricing, however. We often have around 100 users on the solution, but it depends on the project.

I've never had to contact technical support.

We did previously use a different solution. We switched to Bitbucket when we switched projects.

The initial deployment is rather straightforward and only takes 30 minutes to an hour.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

We use the solution pretty extensively, but it depends on the client and the project.

I'd suggest those considering implementing the solution try all the functionalities in the trial period. That way you can decide if it will work for your projects.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Bitbucket reviews from users
...who compared it with GitHub
Learn what your peers think about Bitbucket. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.