Bitbucket Server Review
Users can create their own Git repositories, but it runs its own SSH server leading to certain overheads on the system.

Valuable Features

The permission system for Git repositories and viewing all contributions to a Git repo are the most valuable features I could think of. In addition, it is really nice that users can create their personal repositories.

Improvements to My Organization

Stash really helped us to introduce a very granular permission system for our software repositories. Furthermore it makes working with Git a lot easier since users can manage most things with a decent Web GUI.

Room for Improvement

It is a Java application and runs its own SSH server, and that means that there is a certain overhead on your system. Besides that, Stash really does what it should do.

Use of Solution

I have been using this solution for about a year.

No issues encountered.

No, although we have a lot of code stored inside our repositories.

Although we have a huge amount of Git repositories inside Stash, we haven't encountered any scalability issues.

We haven't contacted customer service, so I can't really say how good they are.

We haven't contacted technical support either.

We used Crucible and Fisheye from the same vendor and linked it to our existing SVN and Git servers. We switched because a normal Git installation doesn't provide a permission system.

Everything was straightforward. Atlassian ships Stash with a decent installation wizard.

Implementation Team

We implemented it ourselves.

Other Solutions Considered

To be honest, I didn't find any solution which did exactly what we needed (besides BitBucket Server).