Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security Review

Threat detection and high resource usage needs improvement, but scales well

What is our primary use case?

We are a Managed Service Provider (MSP) and we deploy this solution on nodes.

What is most valuable?

The ability to remove the solution is a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The lack of detecting security threats and high memory usage need to be improved.

We had a customer that had Bitdefender active, running well, and they fell victim to a ransomware attack. Bitdefender was indicating everything was clear of threats. We had to discontinue usage of the solution, canceling approximately 2,000 nodes.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The solution's stability is inadequate. It is heavier on the resources than we had anticipated.

It is easy to scale this solution.

The technical support is average. They were not any better or worse than any other endpoint protection support service. They have the script that they say and do, and that is about it.

The installation is easy and it takes approximately a few hours. We are deploying it from a Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tool. All you need to do is click on the file and the installation is complete.

It takes a minimal number of employees to do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

There are many licensing options available, we have been on monthly agreements and other volume contract agreements.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is not to implement this solution. There are better solutions in the market.

I would give this solution a low rating because it did not do what the end customer believed that it could or should do. It let them down and allowed them to be victims of a ransomware attack that is a business-critical scenario.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security a four out of ten.

Microsoft Azure

Latest version
More Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Panda Security Adaptive Defense
Find out what your peers are saying about Bitdefender, Seqrite, SonicWall and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.