Bitdefender GravityZone Review

Easy management of the endpoint protection. Very simple to use, understand, and apply its policies

How has it helped my organization?

We do not have any problems with viruses, cryptolockers, or other harmful threats.

What is most valuable?

Easy management of the endpoint protection. In simple words, it is awesome, very simple to use, understand, and apply its policies. Another feature is traffic scan, which protects the endpoints of harmful websites. It has direct impact on security, the email traffic scan, which is the last layer of protection in the organization, and based on today's threats, a very good option.

What needs improvement?

One thing that could be improved is more granularity and options on exclusions. I have some difficulty in allowing executables that were deployed every time on different locations.

Also, more options for admin endpoints clients.

Two and a half years.

No issues. On this matter, it is absolutely awesome.

No issues. We started with 60 endpoints. Now, we are on 170 endpoints.

I would rate the technical support as an eight out of 10. More flexibility from the technical staff would be very good. For example, I have a company-owned private application that was detected by AV as MIDAS3 (meaning that the application permit dll injection). The process to exclude globally the application was to send them the app, test it, and if everything was okay to exclude the app. The problem is that the app accesses private company data. So, in this case, no luck.

Previously, I was using Kaspersky with no central management option. The main reasons we switched were:

1. Centralized Management
  2. No client interaction
  3. More points in detection of the current threats on various independent tests.
  4. The suspicions about Kaspersky working with Russia FSB.
  5. Bitdefender is a Romanian company, as is my company.

Very straightforward and easy, in the way of “Next, Next, Finished”. The only problem that I have encountered was with removing some of the other security software installed, where the Bitdefender installer did not always succeed in removing it.

In my opinion and based on interactions with other vendors, Bitdefender is the cheapest solution out there. The licensing is yearly-based.

Yes. Norton AntiVirus, ESET Antivirus, and AVG.

What other advice do I have?

Looking from an IT perspective, it is the best in industry endpoint protection software, if we are talking about Windows/Linux/mobile (Android).