Bitdefender GravityZone Review

Near real-time signature updates and workstation analysis are key features for us

What is our primary use case?

POC on an sample of workstations on various profiles

How has it helped my organization?

We tested it in a laboratory, not yet in real life, and we ran Zero-day. The antivirus found that it was trying to write in a particular memory zone. It blocked the payload to prevent it from executing it. It did so even though it was a Zero-day, meaning that it was not known at that moment by any antivirus on the market.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the signature updating in near real-time. Also, the behavior of the processes - what's happening on the work station, which is not necessarily signature based - gives us a compartmentalized level of analysis.

What needs improvement?

The solution performed very well in handling threats, antivirus is baseline for any organization and it is very dangerous not to take care of the basics.

We would like to see more improvements on the reporting side, such as more granular or customization abilities, or compliance-ready template reports.

Trial/evaluations only.

The stability is good. There have been no particular consequences or conflicts with other programs. At the end of the day, the stability is good.

It's working on all Window systems, so from this point of view there are no restrictions.

The guys are very responsive, even careful. Even though we did not ask particular questions, they asked us if we had any questions or issues. They invited us to tell them whether everything was okay. They also visited us onsite, to discuss and analyze our security.

This is a complementary solution, it was not intended to replace a particular solution.

The initial setup was quite simple, and then it was integrated with Microsoft's official deployment system. You don't have to go to any workstation to do the setup. It is automatic.

The deployment was done directly with Bitdefender.

It has been supporting the business' activity. That is the objective of a security solution, and to do so without incident, detecting and preventing whenever a threat arises. I can't say that this solution has increased business activity, because there is not a direct connection between business activity and the solution. However, the objective, enabling the business to do its job, has been achieved.

Security is like insurance. When you pay car insurance there is no return on your investment. You pay for the insurance because you need the car.

Licensing is done on a yearly basis and it's workstation-based. The actual price is confidential. There are no additional costs beyond the standard license.

yes - Symantec, Mcafee, Avast

What other advice do I have?

Take this solution into consideration. Evaluate it, analyze it, do a PoC, and then make a decision. Having this solution in your portfolio, or at least having analyzed it, is important.

We tested the antivirus part of the solution and the EDR, Endpoint Detection and Response. We have not yet tested social-for-clients, but we are interested in adopting this software. It should help with confidence, for ideal trust, which would be a good step forward in the market for protection of clients' terminal workstations.

I would rate the product at eight out ten. It is on the right track. It still needs the improvements I mentioned.