Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection Review

Good anti-virus endpoint detection and response and the programs communicate nicely within the cloud

What is most valuable?

I like the simplicity of this solution and the fact that it saves us time. The deployment was really straightforward and useful and I am impressed by the anti-virus endpoint detection and response offered by this solution. As opposed to other anti-virus programs, which basically only checks for viruses, this program looks at every process that's running on your computer to see if anyone is running any dodgy commands. It is, therefore, more an endpoint detection solution than an anti-virus solution. It is also known as a next-generation anti-virus or NGAV.

I am also impressed by the way the program communicates within the cloud and the ease of deployment.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the way the program offers modules. It is not always clear what's included in the licensing, and many anti-virus programs now do what they call end-user behavior analytics. But it is not very clear how that works.

There are blurred lines between anti-virus and endpoint detection so I would say it can be confusing when you are considering buying this program. I would like to see that being explained better to the customer.

It is a very stable program and we haven't experienced any issues since we started using it.

I don't think scalability really comes into play because it is an anti-virus solution, so one expects it to be on all the endpoint.

The initial setup was straightforward because we actually have a system that automatically deploys. So that works really well.

We did evaluate other solutions but this one came out on top for what we want to use it for.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommended this program to others, because you can run it in a segregated environment to have a proper test plan. You can also run it from the perspective that you've already been compromised, like how good its alerting capabilities are and how good it responds to events. I rate this an eight out of ten.