Bizagi Review

Great user interface, offers a free version, and has pretty good technical support

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a free version of their product.

The solution offers the best user interface and the easiest way of working for the many co-workers that are drawing and developing and documenting their processes. It's amazingly good at that.

What needs improvement?

The next step for the solution is when it comes to starting to do a little bit more deep modeling. When you start working with information modeling, et cetera, here is no really good solution for the data modeling and information modeling. You have the BPM and data albeit in data storage that they support very well. However, it's not quite enough. You can write in your information that there, but you don't have a direct connection or the easy connection to an easy to use modeling tool or modeling set up.

We've been using the solution since 2012. To be honest, we were actually using it when the company was quite young, however, the real extensive use has been over the last, I would say, four or five years.

We have had some problems with bugs. If you are converting and exporting into SharePoint and you have long path names, there's a limitation in part on the length of path names on SharePoint. We had problems with that. We got the new version just a couple of weeks ago and that solved the problem. Right now we don't have any issues with stability.

The reply from Bizagi was understanding. They did not really see the problem right away, however, we figured out it was a mix between the versions of SharePoint and the version of Bizagi that we had.

We haven't really had any issues with scaling. It's absolutely doable.

While our enterprise version has maybe 20 users, on the free version, we have somewhere between 250-300 people.

I have dealt with technical support in the past, however, not in these last few years. Initially, I was the one who had contact directly with technical support. However, now it's the product owner and the engineer. I can't really comment on how they are anymore. I know we have contact with them and we had contact with them with problems from time to time and I've never heard of any issues with their level of service. When we had issues with the long path names in SharePoint, the technical support team was very helpful and solved the issue.

The initial setup was very easy. If you use only the client, it's very easy. We have a license agreement with Bizagi and our organization. So we have created our own internal modules so that we order the Bizagi model or from our IT support. And they push it out to our laptops, and to our computers.

It's the same thing with the updates. We push that out all the time. From a user perspective, it's a very nice and easy setup. I know that there were some problems with the connection and with setting up the sign-on in the right way, however, it works. I can't tell you whether the problem was because of our setup and our configuration of our side or what it was, however, it took a week or two before it was completely resolved. Now it's no longer an issue.

We only need one person to handle the maintenance. We have a set up for our internal tools with a product that the product owner owns several tools and he has engineers working with those tools. I know that we have one specialist in Bizagi, and they handle any maintenance issues on our behalf. That said, he's not working full-time with Bizagi either. It's probably 25-30% of his allotted time.

The solution does have a free version, which we use. However, we also use the enterprise version as well, which is under different licensing.

They should look a little bit at their license set up. There should be something in between the free version and the enterprise version, which has everything. The enterprise is very expensive, not very, but it is expensive. In many cases, you need a few of the functionalities in the enterprise, but not the sole enterprise model.

They could actually gain a lot more licensed users if they had some of the functionalities of the enterprise version in the free version and created a mid-range option that sat in between both.

For example, in order to publish on HTML, you need to have the enterprise model or publish it in SharePoint, so that you can have the connection to SharePoint. That is something where having a mid-license would benefit both themselves as a company, and the clients who don't want a full-enterprise solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers of Bizagi. We don't have a business relationship with them.

We are using both the free and enterprise versions of the solution.

We using the free version to work with modeling and draping our basic business processes. We're also continuing into the enterprise version, to simulate and to build documentation on HTML, SharePoint, et cetera. Then, in a few cases, we're also working with the automation. I'm not doing that myself. I'm the part that is on the front-end of the journey for the processes. So we using it for our poses landscape basically, initially.

We continue using the BPM and notation. That's what we're after.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. However, they should decide a little bit on what their use case and needs might be before jumping into the solution to ensure it meets their needs.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

There are improvements to be done. The licensing structure has them missing out on quite a lot of satisfied users by forcing them to choose between a high-cost license or a free model that doesn't offer the few features they need.

More Bizagi reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Camunda Platform
Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.