Bizagi Review

Improves governance-related processes and provides full support for BPMN 2.0

What is our primary use case?

Some of our main use cases are in project risk planning and tender cost management.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization's adoption of Bizagi has greatly improved governance, especially where the role of academic secretariat is involved.

What is most valuable?

I like that Bizagi is fully compatible with BPMN 2.0. It also eases the way in which we work with BPMN 2.0 itself, which is a comprehensive and rather complex notation standard.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a facility for building a simple CRUD application. In Bizagi, you can use database modeling, diagrams, forms, etc., but in some circumstances I need CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) functionalities which are not there yet.

I have been using Bizagi for the past five years.

It is very stable and we have not had any problems.

We did not find any problems with scaling Bizagi.

Technical support is quite satisfactory. They are very quick to resolve issues and to help new businesses get oriented with the transition to their BPM tools.

Early on, we used Excel spreadsheets for managing business processes. Then we looked into other BPM tools like IBM BPM, Oracle BPM, and Camunda BPM. However, we decided to use Bizagi because it provides rapid installation and immediate use of the various BPM tools. They also offer an easy installation script which has worked well for us.

It is fully compatible with BPMN 2.0 which is quite comprehensive and hard to learn, and Bizagi made using BPMN 2.0 much easier.

The initial setup is very easy, but only if you have well-stated requirements right from the beginning.

For academic notices, we have about 53 users. And for governance, we have about 14 users.

In governance, we have about five people in the strategic staff using Bizagi. We also have other people in management, as well as analysts, using the solution. In the academic notices, we have mainly management and operational staff.

Make sure that your requirements are explicitly defined from the outset. This will help you choose the right setup and licensing for your needs.

What other advice do I have?

I am very enthusiastic about Bizagi because it lets you see anything you need to see very quickly.

I would rate Bizagi an eight out of ten.

More Bizagi reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Camunda Platform
Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.