Bizagi Review

Good documentation capabilities and good balance between the effort and the result, but has performance issues with large processes and requires quite a bit of an effort to change things

What is our primary use case?

We used it for the modeling part and some testing functionalities. We didn't use the licensed versions where you could go into automatization. So, we're more or less on the modeling level. We have used different versions of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The documentation capabilities are very good. Very structured documents and process versions are valuable features, and being able to communicate that to our customers is also a very good feature.

It has a good balance between the effort and the result. So, you don't need to be too detailed. You can document while you are modeling, which is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

Its performance needs to be improved. The main thing is that it is limited, especially in terms of the response times. When the processes become a bit large, it is very awkward to work with the Bizagi modeler.

When you have already modeled but start to rearrange, it is quite a bit of an effort to change the stuff. When you rearrange lanes or have new structures, it goes rather squiggly up and down and so on, which could be improved. The visual outputs of the DIREPs of the process models are pixelated and have a bad image quality. It is a PNG or JPEG, and you cannot export it as a PDF. When you have rather large processes, you should be able to arrange them hierarchically. Currently, it is not supported. If you use sub-processes and inflate a process, suddenly the arrangement is totally different, and although you know the process, you have to look where is it now. You need a good understanding of the levels of your processes before you start in Bizagi.

It can have automatic support for optimal presentation. In BPM, you should have it from the top left to the bottom right. However, in most cases, people don't know how they should arrange it. Therefore, it would be nice to have a suggestion system for different arrangements to be able to better present the process.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We are part of a larger company, and they meanwhile decided on FireStart, but they definitely want to go into the automatization of modeling and optimization. I wasn't involved in the pricing stuff, and I haven't worked too much on an operational level here, but all things I experienced with that product are very nice. The documentation and modeling are a little more complex, but the features are far richer than Bizagi. It is also direct, so you also have to pay for the modeler. I found it superior to Bizagi.

We didn't use the licensed versions where you could exactly go into automatization. However, we looked at the pricing in the beginning, and the only thing that I remember is that it was too expensive for the things we were using because our clients would also have to license the product. One client said that it was too expensive for the benefit they get out of it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to not make the processes too large because of the performance issues. If you have small processes, it is perfect. Before you start in Bizagi, you need a good understanding of the levels of your processes because when you have already modeled and start to rearrange, it is quite a bit of an effort to change the stuff. So, take some more time initially in organizing the processes.

I would rate Bizagi a seven out of ten.

More Bizagi reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Camunda Platform
Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.