Bizagi Review

Enhances the development process and is a comfortable environment for users

What is our primary use case?

Our primary need and use for this solution is in designing sales, order handling and support processes for BPM.

How has it helped my organization?

Bizagi has improved our ability to provide services. We are developing some BPM (Business Process Management) solutions on top of the Camunda Engine. I am currently configuring features that we need to develop in order to add other functionality that people need in order to be attracted to our platform. After we finish the platform we plan to add other business customers that we already have. We want to launch our developed product and provide it as a service.

What is most valuable?

My favorite part about Bizagi is that I think it has nice UI. It is a comfortable environment for users.

What needs improvement?

As I worked with the desktop version of the Bizagi modeler, I was not so comfortable. I prefer the web version because it's more mobile. So for my preferences, I wanted to add a BPMN notations extension. I couldn't do that with Bizagi. I wanted to add some notations for orders, invoices and allow adding some configuration to those notations. That is our vision for our platform. As it is a feature that we will definitely be adding to our platform that we are developing, I would rather see it in the product rather than creating it as a workaround.

As a developer, I would like to see some features and functionality that would allow us to add-in features to a marketplace or community. For example, BPM'Online has a marketplace. You can go get add-ons and plugins to process reports and buy or download functionality and put it on the BPM'Online and do business sharing of any profit with products for sale. In the market, 80% goes to the developer and 20% goes to BPM'Online. It is a model that grows the community and functionality.

So I would also recommend having a marketplace similar to BPM'Online to be able to buy or build third-party functionality and community.

We have been using it for some time to compare BPM solutions.

It was not necessary to use the company's technical support while deploying or during use.

We used several solutions over a short period of time for evaluations.

The initial setup for the desktop version was fairly straightforward.

I did the installation by myself without help from any third-party assistance.

I used the trial version and I'm searching for the pricing. We'd be happy to carry the product because it does what we need and are already developing for it.

We considered several solutions before choosing. I explored products to gain experience with BPM platforms using products like BPM'Online, Camunda, Activiti, Microsoft CRM, and Salesforce for testing. I searched for similar solutions and tested all of them. The two that seemed most interesting for what we planned were Caramunda and Bizagi.

Bizagi is an enterprise application out of the box. Camunda is a platform that is better used to build some other applications on top of it. That is its real strength. Camunda has some basic features. Its UI is good and it has a plugin system. You can just buy some plugins for use and double up some plugins on top of it. The basic functionality is there and ready to use. The functionality in Camunda is very basic. You get a basic task list, basic modeler, and basic reports. It does not have a lot of extra features but it is simple to use and easy to learn. Bizagi has a learning curve. It has more features and more native functionality, but the learning curve is much longer than Camunda.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, with one being the worst and ten being the best, I would rate this as an eight. I think it is a good product but I am not so much of an expert having used it for only a short time. There may be features it is missing that I don't even know if I want or need, and yet that other products and solutions may already have those features.

More Bizagi reviews from users