BizFlow Review

Power users are able to configure workflow distribution logic. I see a need for it to support complex object data process variables.

In my 20 years building enterprise applications, I have used many BPM, ECM, document management and scanning solutions. What I really like about BizFlow is that the BPM Suite and Case Management framework provide extensive functionality for rapidly designing and implementing enterprise solutions. Speed-to-market and fit-to-purpose are at issue. Customers want to deliver value quickly and add/change functionality regularly. With BizFlow, competent Business Analysts can start modeling workflows, designing forms, and configuring user interfaces. At the same time, Developers can focus on adding process logic and enabling straight through processing. I especially like the Event Response Adaptor which listens to external data sources to automatically trigger and/or update workflows.

Over the past year I have worked on legacy modernization and digitalization projects. In this context, there is a need for even more functionality supporting multi-channel, multi-system events. I have been pleased see BizFlow invest in R&D to provide developers a clever SOAP and REST-based Web Services configuration capability. It allows developers to more easily access external data sources, specify queries, pull data, aggregate data, and return it in a standard format. Our team has used BizFlow to integrate with FileNet (scanning, document management),, and multiple legacy systems of record to create full-blown line-of-business-applications for underwriting, customer service, and claims. Used by Fortune 50 enterprises, these web-based apps include sophisticated triage, intake, indexing, adjudication, dispatch, and settlement activities. Power Users can configure workflow distribution logic, absence management, user interfaces, form fields, and letter templates. Inherent to the BizFlow case management framework are dynamic tasking (ad-hoc work initiation, ad-hoc routing), note taking, and correspondence management with external participants. Data ties directly to process metrics (inputs, outputs) and SLA measures to automatically escalate and/or notify others when needed.

Working with BizFlow (the company) has been an equal pleasure. Unlike the mammoth players in the BPM market with tens of thousands of employees, you can speak directly with BizFlow’s solution architects, head of R&D and CEO to discuss project requirements, product strategy, and best practice implementation approach. The personal attention is invaluable when implementing critical business solutions for large enterprises.

I suggest BizFlow continue to invest in JDK 64 bit and Siteminder integration for single sign on. I also see a need for supporting complex object data in process variables as well as open source databases such as PostgreSQL. I really like the BizFlow Process Studio, as it meets 95% of our needs. The other 5% would be supported with BPMN 2.0, though most customers don’t really need it. Scalability is not an issue, and cloud looks good on AWS and is promising for Microsoft Azure.

I encourage BizFlow to continue building out its BPM-based Case Management frameworks. With the company’s deep experience designing and developing request-to-service solutions, it now has great potential to completely package domain and process logic for areas such as New Business, Underwriting, Policy Administration, Customer Service, and Claims. This is especially true for insurance.

**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Find out what your peers are saying about BizFlow, Camunda, Appian and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Add a Comment
ITCS user